Thursday, March 24, 2011

Amazon Appstore for Android is Here, and so is Angry Birds Rio



Amazon Appstore is live, and with it comes free Angry Birds Rio! The downside, yes I'm sorry folks, there is a downside...you have to be a U.S. resident to access the store. One more bit of bad news, even if you are in the U.S., if your carrier is AT&T, they are currently blocking access to the Amazon Appstore. Just why, I can't really say? Could it be the 'Big Brother Syndrome?' Or is there something much deeper like censorship or perhaps communism? Well, I was able to install the Amazon Appstore, and get Angry Birds Rio, because I'm with T-Mobile. Oh my gosh, AT&T just bought them, didn't they? I sure hope they change some of their policies before completely taking over T-Mo! Please give me a small smile AT&T customers, I hear they are working on making the Amazon Appstore available. Click on this link to let AT&T know you want Amazon Appstore access, and they will notify you when it's available.


The Amazon Appstore is awesome, and so is Angry Birds Rio! The graphics are really great! One great plus, Amazon will be featuring one paid app for free every day, so be sure to log on at least once a day to see if you want that app. I hope this nice gesture from Amazon will continue.


You can use the Amazon Appstore mobile app to get your apps right through your phone, or use the Amazon Appstore web interface. The nice part about the web interface is that you can test drive the app for a 30 minute period before deciding to purchase.


The Amazon Appstore currently has around 3,800 apps available, and I'm sure there are more to come. So hurry on over, sign up, and enjoy! You'll love Rio, take a peak at these shots of the game.




No comments: